I have an organic box of vegetables delived to my door once a week, and a recipe came along with 3 small heads of cabbage. The recipe came from Simply in Season by Mary Beth Lind and Cathleen Hockman-Wert. I served it with Danish meatballs by Bergy(Danish "Frikadeller" Meat Patties) and a boiled potato.
- Saute until crisp tender in fry pan coated with cooking spray.
- Transfer to greased 1-quart or 1 litre baking dish.
- Combine milk, egg and cheese in a small bowl. Pour over vegetables.
- Garnish with 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley and 1 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F, for 30-35 minutes.
My family loved this, even my husband who never would have asked for cabbage for dinner. This he said he wants to have again! Paired beautifully with Parmesan couscous.
This is a wonderful, colorful veggie casserole! Quite easy and inexpensive to make, too. It's one of those side dishes that goes with pretty much anything. I made this as written, adding only a little salt and pepper. A keeper for sure! Thanx!