Recipe by StarKorn
From North Dakota Beef Commission found in the Favorite All-Time Recipes (TM) Incredibly Easy One Dish cook book - Y'all make the au gratin potatoes or the cheesay hash brown bakes right? Well, this is amazing and can be used for the entire meal. You need something fairly quick and easy and Really Yummy, this is the recipe you need to try!!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (26 ounce) packageshredeed hash browns
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 -2 cup black olives, sliced (use own disgretion)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350'F - Mix hashbrowns with sour cream, salt and pepper; place in 13x9-inch pan. Brown ground beef with chopped onion. Drain. Combine mozzarella cheese with 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese and add to beef. Place beef mixture over hash browns. Pour whipping cream over beef mixture. Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining Cheddar cheese and olives. Bake an additional 10 minutes.