Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a family favorite. I have no idea where I got this recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) package au gratin potatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- I large skillet, cook the beef, onion, celery and green pepper until meat is no longer pink and the veggies are tender. Drain.
- In a greased 2-1/2 quart baking dish, combine beef mixture, potatoes with contents of sauce mix, soup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir in the water and milk.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
I made this last sometime last week and already my family is asking me to make it again! The only thing I did differently was left out the green peppers and added some garlic to it! Will definately make again!!
I used to make this a lot. It was from Taste of Home magazine and it's fantastic! Simple, easy and the taste is good. I added garlic powder and drained, petite diced tomatoes instead of tomato soup. Always a good fallback favorite. Thanks for posting so I have the recipe saved on here now!
This is wonderful and easy. Everyone loved it! Thanks for a real keeper!