Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Two types of potatoes with melted butter and bacon. An adopted recipe from my family.
- 1 (5 ounce) boxscalloped potatoes
- 1 (5 ounce) box au gratin potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Place both boxes of potatoes in slow cooker, sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, milk, and 4 1/4 cups of water and pour over potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle crumbled bacon over top of potatoes.
Very easy to prepare. We love potatoes in any form. Made for Aus/NZ swap Oct. 2010.
*Made for Australian/ NZ swap #37* MUST say this was surprisingly tasty, as I NEVER have used "boxed" potato preps ! Followed directions, and the potatoes were saucy and delicious -- if a tad soupy, but that was partly absorbed as they cooled. Topped with "cooked" bacon which I nuked for 1.5 minutes. Thanks for posting, weekend cooker. They were eye-appealing, wish I had planned to photograph !
These were so easy to make and delicious ! I used real bacon bits and it turned out great. My husband and I will be making this again and again.