Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very simple attar (syrup) recipe used with many middle eastern/ Palestinian desserts!!
- Mix sugar and water and bring to a boil.
- Add lemon juice and boil for 7 more minutes.
- When cool, add orange blossom water. (This is optional, I never add it to my syrup).
- Makes approximately 2 cups of attar (syrup).
- *To make Thin Attar (syrup), follow the recipe, using 1 1/2 cups of water instead. This will make about 2 1/2 cups of attar (syrup).
I prefer orange blossom water over rose water so this syrup was perfect for the homemade donuts. Made for Ramadan Tag 09.
Delicious perfect mix of simple syrup and orange blossom. Will use for all my Ramadan Desserts thank you. Made for Ramadan Tag 09.
Excellent recipe. Very easy to make and the perfect accompaniment to a lot of the Palestinian desserts I've been making lately. Thank you :)