Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Depending upon the ratio of orange juice, pineapple juice, molasses, and ketchup, this can turn out really quite brightly hued. Also, it's better tasting than it sounds.
- 4 -6 chicken breasts, bone-in and skin-on
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup orange juice or 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Carmelize the single chopped onion (saute in melted butter until transparent), and let cool.
- Combine onions with ketchup, worcestershire, molasses, and orange or pineapple juice. Adjust liquid ingredient quantities to personal preference.
- Pour sauce over chicken and cover baking dish (a glass 9-inch square dish or similar) with foil.
- Place in preheated 350 degree oven for an hour and a half to two hours, or until chicken shreds when touched with a fork.
- For thicker sauce and deeper flavor, remove foil for the last 30 to 45 minutes of baking.