Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great on sandwiches
- 48 hot banana peppers or 48 hot hungarian peppers
- 1 cup flour
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups white vinegar
- 4 cups prepared mustard (any brand)
- Cut ends off peppers and chop peppers into small chunks seeds and all.
- Mix flour and sugar together in large enamel or Teflon coated pot. DO NOT USE ALUMINUM!
- Add mustard and vinegar to flour and sugar mix, stir and add chopped peppers seeds and all.
- Cook over medium until mixture thickens (like gravy). Stir often so it won’t scorch! Pour Out in sterilized jar with ½ inch head space.
- Boil in water bath 1 inch over top for 15 minutes.