Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
First words out of DH mouth was Atomic! This is not for Wimps! Go with the flow it is said------ If you can't move to this then you probably are dead------- So wave your hands in the air------ Bust a few moves run your fingers through your hair--------- This is it for a winner-------- Dance to this and you're gonna get thinner Can't touch this------------- Can't touch this!------------ A blend of Habanero, Jalapeno and Bell Pepper. Try it on scrambled eggs make hot wings with it add a couple drops into a salsa, dip or to kick up anything for a fiery, euphoric experience! I roasted all the peppers and bulb of garlic outdoors on the grill. The prep (peeling of the Habaneros)of this is time consuming
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bell peppers (2 cups roasted, peeled and seeded)
- 1 lb habanero (mixed habaneros and jalapenos = 1 1/2 cups roasted ,peeled and seeded)
- 1 ounce garlic (1 bulb= 1/2 cup roasted and peeled)
- 1 lb tomatoes, peeled and seeded making 3 cups crushed
- 1 large sweet onion (Peeled and Chopped)
- 2 chipotle peppers, crushed (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons canning salt
- 3 cups vinegar
- Roasted all the peppers and bulb of garlic outdoors on the grill is best for fumes may over take the home. I also peeled the hot peppers outdoors.
- Place all but vinegar in food processor and blend till smooth and fine.
- Place in a large pot, mix in vinegar. Heat ad boil stirring often for 30 minutes.
- Fill sterilized hot bottles or jars. Give jar a hot water bath for 10 minutes. Pepper jar invert.
Rita, great job with the bottled sauces, sounds delicious. will try them out. How lovely to know someone else loves chillis as much as I do, and is being so creative with the recipes :). Réya