Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Simple, healthy, and delicious. Adjust heat level to your taste by adding more or less chili powder.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 (4 1/4 ounce) cans green chilies, chopped
- 2 (19 ounce) cansmixed beans (or beans of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried chipotle powder
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel (canned or frozen)
- 3⁄4 cup textured vegetable protein, granules
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute onion, peppers and garlic in olive oil until onion is soft.
- Add remaining ingredients except cilantro. Simmer for 40 minutes.
- Add cilantro and heat for another 5 minutes.