Recipe by CandyTX
I got this from a friend, who probably got it from a friend, who... well...
Top Review by Mr.SSior
Some chef instructors made something incredibly simolar to this for the class some few years ago. I found this recipe revelry an gave it a whirl. As good as I remember! Though my body can only handle maybe 8oz at a time before going all jittery with a caffeine overload. (possibly because I let it steep 8 hours longer than I ought to have...)
- 1 cup ground coffee
- 3 cups cold tap water
- 2 cups strained coffee
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt (if needed)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the ground coffee and water and let soak overnight.
- Strain the coffee grounds (keeping the water!).
- Combine the blender ingredients in a blender (adding desired amount of ice if you want) until blended well.
- If you don't use ice in the blender, serve over ice.
- Substitute an ice cream sandwich or two instead of milk.
- Substitute frozen soy milk for ice and milk.
- Add a little Kahlua or Baileys.