Recipe by Sackville
This is a Canadian take on chili -- hope you like it hot and spicy!
Top Review by Gingerbear
WHEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!SPICCCYYYYY! This was wonderful chili, Friedel. I only added 1 jalapeno though because my BH likes spicy but not like I like it. This turned out great! I made it lastnight after work. Tonight we are having leftovers with some buttery rolls. This is terrific stuff. I made it with Molson Canadian beer and they wouldn't just sell me 1 beer so I bought a six pack and that beer is good too. Me and BH shared 1 before dinner. Thank you for a great recipe, Friedel.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon seasoned pepper
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans kidney beans, with liquid
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1⁄4 cup canadian beer
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- hot sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef together with onion, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, and seasoned pepper.
- Drain the fat, and place the mixture into a slow cooker.
- In the slow cooker, stir together beef mixture, mushrooms, baked beans, kidney beans with liquid, tomato paste, sugar, carrots, celery, peppers, beer, and barbeque sauce.
- Season with hot sauce and more crushed red pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.