Recipe by swissms
Food Network; Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. Recipe courtesy Chris Valdez, Tecolote Cafe in Santa Fe, NM.
- 946.36 ml all-purpose flour
- 354.88 ml blue cornmeal, ground
- 59.14 ml baking powder
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml salt
- 2 large eggs
- 113.39 g soy oil (vegetable oil also works)
- 1419.54 ml milk
- 113.39-170.09 g roasted pine nuts, shelled
- hot maple syrup, for serving
- whipped butter, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs and oil.
- Add milk and dry ingredients to egg and oil mixture.
- Mix until batter is smooth, but still lumpy, being careful not to over mix.
- Cook on a hot griddle. Prior to flipping the hotcake, spread pine nuts evenly throughout. Serve with hot maple syrup and whipped butter.