Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Food Network; Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. Recipe courtesy Chris Valdez, Tecolote Cafe in Santa Fe, NM.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups blue cornmeal, ground
- 1⁄4 cup baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ounces soy oil (vegetable oil also works)
- 6 cups milk
- 4 -6 ounces roasted pine nuts, shelled
- hot maple syrup, for serving
- whipped butter, for serving
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs and oil.
- Add milk and dry ingredients to egg and oil mixture.
- Mix until batter is smooth, but still lumpy, being careful not to over mix.
- Cook on a hot griddle. Prior to flipping the hotcake, spread pine nuts evenly throughout. Serve with hot maple syrup and whipped butter.