Recipe by Jenna5230
Mexicans enjoy this thick, grainy beverage flavored with nuts, cinnamon, chocolate, or fruit.
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup masa harina tortilla flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- ground cinnamon or cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan stir together 1/2 cup of the milk, tortilla flour, and 1/2 cup water.
- Cook and stir over low heat till thickened and bubbly.
- Blend in remaining 1 1/2 cups milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla; heat through.
- Serve hot atole in mugs; sprinkle with ground cinnamon or place a cinnamon stick in each mug.
- Makes 6 (4-ounce) servings.