Atlantic Snow Crab Casserole
- In a heavy saucepan, melt 1 tbsp butter and sauté green pepper and onion until soft.
- Place rice in a 2 quart casserole and layer as follows: half the crab, cheese, egg slices, remaining crab, remaining crab, green pepper and onion.
- To prepare sauce, melt 1 ½ tbsp butter.
- Blend in flour, then milk.
- Cook and stir over low heat.
- Stir in mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over casserole ingredients, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and dot with remaining 1 tbsp butter, cut into bits.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes.