Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy and very tasty casserole.
- 2 (6 ounce) packagesfrozen atlantic snow crab meat, thawed and drained
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 green pepper, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- In a heavy saucepan, melt 1 tbsp butter and sauté green pepper and onion until soft.
- Place rice in a 2 quart casserole and layer as follows: half the crab, cheese, egg slices, remaining crab, remaining crab, green pepper and onion.
- To prepare sauce, melt 1 ½ tbsp butter.
- Blend in flour, then milk.
- Cook and stir over low heat.
- Stir in mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over casserole ingredients, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and dot with remaining 1 tbsp butter, cut into bits.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes.