Recipe by Chef mariajane
This is a sensational seafood chowder from the East Coast of Cannada!! So Delicious!!
- 1⁄2 lb fresh salmon
- 1⁄2 lb halibut
- 1⁄2 lb bay scallop
- 1 lobster, cooked
- 5 slices smoked bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, leaves removed
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 3 cups yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup clam juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth or 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- sea salt and white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, washed and lights
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a heavy bottomed pot over medium high heat.
- Add bacon and cook slowly until crisp and golden, strain off fat.
- Add butter, diced onions, celery, minced garlic, fresh thyme and bay leaves.
- Sauté stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add diced potatoes, clam juice, cream and broth, covering potatoes.
- Increase heat and bring to a simmer, cook 10 minutes, untl potatoes are tender. Carfully add salmon, halibut, and scallops, gently simmering until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in lobster meat and season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with fresh chives and parsley.