- 2 (6 ounce) cans baby clams
- 1⁄4 lb side bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 lb peameal bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 potato, finely diced
- 2 cups whole milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan, sauté side and back bacon until almost crisp.
- Add celery and onion and cook just until limp.
- Add stock and potato.
- Cover and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add clams and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add milk and heat to just below the boiling point.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.