Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From "Lean Beach Cuisine - A Collection of Healthy Coastal Recipes" by Jewel Cammarano, this sounds tasty! I love biscuits and can't wait to try these.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml fat free sour cream
- In a medium-large bowl, blend flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together with a whisk. Add sour cream and mix into a stiff dough.
- Using floured hands, turn dough out onto a floured board. Flour a rolling pin and roll dough to a 1/2-inch thickness. Cut biscuits with a biscuit cutter or simply with the rim of a drinking glass.
- Place biscuits on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in a pre-heated 400 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
I had to give this one four stars simply because the dough didn't come together for me. After I added about 1/4 cup of low-fat milk to the mixture, though, I was able to mix and roll out the dough. I got 12 biscuits and they tasted great - moist and perfect with a hearty bowl of soup. Thanks for a keeper!
These were super easy to make.I really need to watch out as I almost finished the batch of biscuits all by myself oops!I have never done sour cream biscuits before.These are the first biscuits I make that are so soft and light in the inside.They were not sweet as they don't have sugar but I have plans on playing around a little with the recipe next time I use it though the way it is right now is good as I ate them with jelly and butter for breakfast and they were all right like that.For dinner they were ok but I guess I will try to add some herb flavor next time.Now when I made them they were sticky as I put a bit more sour cream by mistake but instead of adding flour I just made them into balls and cooked them like that.They came out round and I liked the idea of not having to roll out and cut the dough.They still were perfectly cooked.Browned and crunchy on the outside and soft in the inside.
The flavor is delicious and these are surly easy to make. I added a tablespoon of wheat germ to the 3 biscuits that I made. They rose beautifully too. I'm looking forward to having another one for breakfast in the morning.