Recipe by Bitsie
This recipe was given to me by a co-worker when I work in Atlanta for a year. It is a devine tasting and easy one pan cake.
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can peach slices, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter and brown sugar, mixing until well blended.
- Spread onto bottom of 8 in.
- square pan.
- Arrange peaches on brown sugar mixture; sprinkle with pecans.
- Beat spread and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Blendin egg and vanilla.
- Add combined dry ingredients alternately with milk,mixing well after each addition.
- Carefully pour over peaches.
- Bake at 350 deg. 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately invert onto serving plate; serve warm.