Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 lb whole husked tomatillo
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small sweet onions or 1 small red onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 canned chipotle chiles, minced (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or 1 tablespoon cane vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (Mexican if you've got it)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- Heat broiler, cover baking sheet with foil for easier cleaning.
- Broil tomatillos 15-18 min, turning occasionally until tomatillos are soft and dark in spots.
- Cool briefly.
- Warm oil, saute onion until just softened.
- Chop tomatillos fine, add to onion in a small bowl.
- Stir in rest of ingredients.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Makes about 2 Cups.