As seen on America's Test Kitchen, this revamped chewy cookie has deep toffee/butterscotch undertones. They highy recommend Ghiradelli 60% cacoa bittersweet chips or Hershey's Special Dark chips. It is important to bake one tray at a time for proper baking, and these are developed to make large cookies - 4-5" across. You'll have to use 3Tbsp of dough per cookie, giving 2" around each dough mound to allow for spreading. Cool cookies ON THE COOKIE SHEET for 30 to 60 minutes for the ideal cookies.
My Private Note
5" cook ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees farenheit. Line two cookie sheets with parchment.
- 2Take 10 tablespoons butter and melt and brown in in a metal pan, swirling mixture as milk solids in the butter begin to brown. Pour into a heat-proof bowl.
- 3Add in 4 tablespoons cold butter and whisk until melted.
- 4Whisk in the two types of sugar.
- 5Whisk in the salt, vanilla and then the eggs.
- 6IMPORTANT: Let mixture stand for three minutes and whisk again. REPEAT this process two more times.
- 7Combine flour and baking soda. Stir into wet mixture with a large spoon unitil incorporated.
- 8Stir in chocolate chips.
- 9Place 3 tablespoons of dough into mounds 2" apart onto cookie sheets.
- 10Place in center of the oven (only one sheet at a time) and bake for 11-14 minutes.
- 11Remove from oven and let cookies cool ON THE SHEET for 30-60 minutes to ensure the ideal cookie.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Atk's Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1016 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.5
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 51.7 mg
- Sodium 267.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 24.8 g
- Protein 2.7 g