Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The sugar-free jello that I could find wasn't made with Splenda, which is the preferred sweetener on this diet. Very simple recipe and nice served with a little heavy cream whipped with a bit of Splenda. Found this on the lowcarbeating site. Prep time does not include chilling time.
- 2 envelopes plain gelatin
- 1 packet unsweetened Kool-Aid, any flavor
- 8 packets Splenda sugar substitute, more if you like it sweeter
- Dissolve gelatin in 1 C cold water.
- Mix Splenda and Kool-aid in a large bowl and stir in 2 cups boiling water and the gelatin until dissolved.
- Add 1 C ice cubes and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove any unmelted cubes and put bowl in frig, or pour into individual serving dishes (which is what I do- or hubby would eat it all!) Refrigerate till set.
- Serve with whipped cream made with Splenda if you wish.