Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
My neighbor Frannie came up with the idea for this cheesecake. Her husband and mine (who are on the Atkins diet) both love it! This cake is sweetened with Splenda. Makes 12 servings, 6 to 8 grams of carbs each.
For the crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups almonds
- 1⁄3 cup vanilla protein powder
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
For the cheesecake
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- FOR THE CRUST:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put 1 1/2 cups of almonds in blender and grind to medium/ fine texture.
- Add 1/3 cup of vanilla flavored whey protein powder.
- Add 4 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of nutmeg.
- Add about 3 tablespoons of Splenda and blend.
- Spray pie dish with non-stick spray and pour in mixture.
- Use your hands to make the crust.
- Cook for 12- 15 minutes.
- Let cool.
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE:.
- Heat oven to 325�°F.
- Put cream cheese in a large bowl and mix until smooth.
- Beat in Splenda and sour cream and mix well.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Beat until very smooth, NO lumps.
- Pour into crust and put in oven with a pan of water on the lower rack.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Chill before eating.
This worked as a dieters cheesecake although I think if I made it again I would add more splenda. I made this for My-3-Chefs November 2009. Thanks for sharing mermaidmagic.