Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 6 cups mixed salad greens, washed
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tomatoes, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- In a small dry skillet over low heat, toast ground cumin 2 minutes or until fragrant, stirring occasionally. Add lemon juice and whisk well. Add oil in a thin, steady stream, whisking until blended. Add salt and pepper to taste. In a large salad bowl, combne greens with 1/4 cup dressing; toss to coat. Place on serving plates. Mix avocado, tomato, cucumber, and onion with dressing; toss to coat. Top each portion of greens with avocado mixture.
Seriously delicious! The cumin dressing was perfect for this salad. I used halved grape tomatoes in place os chopping a large tomato. I didn't change anything else. Loved it! Thanx!