Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 20 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth, reduce sodium
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a large stockpot, melt butter over meium heat. Add onion and saute until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and saute until aroma is released, about 30 seconds. Add spinach and broth and simmer 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Puree soup in blender and batches and return to pot. Add cream and cook until heated through. Finish with nutmeg and season to taste with salt and pepper.
This is an amazing soup, albeit I add a LOT more Garlic and Nutmeg (fresh grated) than the recipe calls for. I have a Gourmet Soup business and this one is always a sell-out. YUM!
Yummmmm!!! I omitted the nutmeg and used boullion powder.