Recipe by *Pixie*
Another Atkins recipe from my friend.
Top Review by myswendy
Absolutely wonderful! Just delicious! My only complaint was that it is VERY thin, and I prefer something thicker. I added 1 T. of non-cornstarch thickener to it--helped a bit, but it was still very, very thin. Also, I added a small dollop of sesame oil to the mix instead of bothering with the sesame seeds. YUM YUM!
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 quart beef broth
- 2 tablespoons crushed toasted sesame seeds (use blender or food processor to crush)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt half of the butter in a large sauce pan and saute mushrooms for about 5 minutes until done.
- Add the broths to the mushrooms and bring to a simmering boil.
- Melt the other half of the butter in a small frying pan and mix in the crushed sesame seeds.
- Gradually add several tablespoons of the broth to the sesame butter, stirring constantly.
- Stir the sesame mixture into the broths, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook broth over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream until well blended.
- Serve garnished with chives.