Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another Atkins recipe from my friend.
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 quart beef broth
- 2 tablespoons crushed toasted sesame seeds (use blender or food processor to crush)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Melt half of the butter in a large sauce pan and saute mushrooms for about 5 minutes until done.
- Add the broths to the mushrooms and bring to a simmering boil.
- Melt the other half of the butter in a small frying pan and mix in the crushed sesame seeds.
- Gradually add several tablespoons of the broth to the sesame butter, stirring constantly.
- Stir the sesame mixture into the broths, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook broth over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream until well blended.
- Serve garnished with chives.
Absolutely wonderful! Just delicious! My only complaint was that it is VERY thin, and I prefer something thicker. I added 1 T. of non-cornstarch thickener to it--helped a bit, but it was still very, very thin. Also, I added a small dollop of sesame oil to the mix instead of bothering with the sesame seeds. YUM YUM!
This tastes amazing - It was thin, but adding any sort of 'thickener' would increase the carbs, which isn't worth it if you're an avid low-carber.
I agree absolutely wonderful. I prefer my soups thin and this flavor was right up my alley. I was already a big fresh mushroom fan. I calculated the whole pot of soup to have 14.1g carbs. Great for us Atkins.