Recipe by ~*Sarah*~
This is the Cheesecake from www.atkins.com itself! According to the site one peice is 4.5 Net Carbs total. Enjoy!
Top Review by Milla
this is indeed very excellent for atkiners like myself. i spooned some light strawberry preserves on my piece and poured some heavy cream on top of it all. (this diet don't sound so bad, eh?) next time i will up the amount of sugar substitute slightly, as i would have liked it a tad bit sweeter.
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 2 packets sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 10 packets sugar substitute
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- blueberries (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- For crust, place pine nuts and macadamias in bowl of a food processor; pulse until ground but not pastelike.
- Add sugar substitute and butter; pulse to combine.
- Transfer to a 9" springform pan.
- With your fingers, gently press nut mixture to form a crust on bottom of pan.
- Bake 10 minutes; remove from oven and cool.
- Place cream cheese and sugar substitute in food processor; process until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract, lemon rind and salt; pulse to combine.
- Add sour cream and process to combine.
- Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Turn off oven; let cheesecake cool for one hour without opening door.
- Chill overnight.
- Garnish with blueberries before serving.
- atkins tips.
- To cut chilled cheesecake into neat slices, use a long piece of dental floss.
- Then wrap each piece individually and freeze.
- It tastes delicious right out of the freezer or bring to room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
- Bon appetit!