Recipe by chia
from atkins cooking magazine, you'd hardly know this was diet food!
Top Review by Barb G.
Oh my Goodness, this is absolutely delicious. I toasted the almonds to put on the top, other than that I made the recipe just like it said. Very good as we are really watching our carbs. Thanks Chia, I wlll be making this often. Our DS & DDIL is on the Atkins diet. I also gave here the recipe.
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup water
- 8 packets sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 350 pour boiling water into a roasting try until a bit less than half full.
- mix egg yolks, eggs, cream, water, sugar substitute, and extract in a blender until very smooth.
- pour into a 1 quart shallow baking dish.
- place in pan full of water and bake 30-35 minutes until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- spray a piece of plastic wrap with cooking spray and place over flan.
- refrigerate for 3 hours garnish with chopped almonds.