Recipe by BayLeigh Ann
This is a great recipe anytime but is perfect for induction on the Atkins Diet. I like the "crust" that forms on the outside so I do use muffin tins instead of a pie shell.
- 4 ounces bacon, nitrate free
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- 6 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup cream, heavy
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 lb gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 and butter your deep pie pan or your muffin tins.
- Cook bacon until crisp, drain and coarsely chop.
- Use one tbsp of drippings to saute onions for 5 minutes until soft but not brown.
- Combine eggs, cream, spinach, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Stir in bacon and onion.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour 15 minutes (takes about 1 hour in muffin tins).