Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This is a great recipe anytime but is perfect for induction on the Atkins Diet. I like the "crust" that forms on the outside so I do use muffin tins instead of a pie shell.
- Heat oven to 350 and butter your deep pie pan or your muffin tins.
- Cook bacon until crisp, drain and coarsely chop.
- Use one tbsp of drippings to saute onions for 5 minutes until soft but not brown.
- Combine eggs, cream, spinach, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Stir in bacon and onion.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour 15 minutes (takes about 1 hour in muffin tins).