Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Don't remember where I found this one, but it is out of this world.
- 8 ounces mushrooms, fresh sliced
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 3 ounces shallots, slivered
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Heat vinegar and cumin in a non-aluminum pan until boiling.
- Simmer five minutes.
- Place mushrooms and shallots in a small pan (not aluminum) and cover with a saucer and weight to hold it down.
- Pour vinegar mixture over mushrooms to cover.
- Return pan to stove and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until mushrooms are just tender.
- Remove from heat and let mushrooms cool in the vinegar.
- Drain and refrigerate until ready to serve.