Recipe by Chef Shadows
I have the same story as Millie, but my ingredients are different. SOURCE ORIGINAL SCOTTISH RECIPES
- 3 tablespoons oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons liquid heather honey
- 2 pints Scotch whisky, to make up 4 cups
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Put oatmeal into bowl, mix with water to create thick paste.
- Let stand for 1/2 hour.
- In the next step, the aim is to save the liquid; not the oatmeal.
- Strain liquid through fine strainer into bowl.
- Press with back of spoon to extract all liquid, throw away oatmeal.
- Mix liquid with honey, stir with silver spoon until well-blended.
- Pour into quart bottle, fill up with whisky, cork tightly.
- Always shake before using.
- Serves 4 -.