Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chop
- 1 clove garlic, mince
- 28 ounces canned tomatoes
- 1 can puree sauce (Thick)
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup dry wine or 1⁄4 cup vermouth
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chop
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peel,devein
- 2 ounces feta cheese, 1/4 " cubes
- Heat oil and add the onion and garlic.
- Cook, stirring often, until the onion is softened, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a 3-1/2 qt slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes with their puree, the tomato paste, wine, parsley, oregano and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours on LOW.
- Increase the heat to HIGH and add the shrimp.
- Cook just until the shrimp are firm and have turned pink, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the feta cheese and serve immediately.
Not as good as I would've liked it to have been. It was much too tomatoey, and it needed something, but I'm not sure what.