Recipe by Chabear01
Posted for ZWT II 2006-Greece. I found this recipe on RecipeRewards.com, and find that posting any recipes found elsewhere here gives me better nutritional values than the sites I get them off of. Loving Zaar!!! *** Note*** to soften sun-dried tomatoes, place in 1/3 cup boiling water; stir to coat. Let stand 10 minutes; drain water.
Top Review by Kumquat the Cat's friend
This was a bit dry (perhaps becaused I decreased the oil a bit) but otherwise really tasty. BF enjoyed it too. I halved the recipe but wished I made the whole thing. I did not soften the sun-dried tomatoes as I like them chewy, and I used Greek kalamata olives. I could definitely see adding more garlic too. The rice stuck to the pan so if you want an easy clean up and don't care too much about the extra calories, I suggest you use more oil. Thanks very much for this recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded deveined and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, softened (see above note)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- fresh oregano (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, red pepper and garlic; cook and stir until onion is tender.
- Stir in rice, tomatoes, olives, parsley and oregano; heat thoroughly.
- Remove from heat; add cheese, lemon juice and black pepper; stir until well blended.
- Garnish with oregano. Serve immediately.