Posted for ZWT II 2006-Greece. I found this recipe on RecipeRewards.com, and find that posting any recipes found elsewhere here gives me better nutritional values than the sites I get them off of. Loving Zaar!!! *** Note*** to soften sun-dried tomatoes, place in 1/3 cup boiling water; stir to coat. Let stand 10 minutes; drain water.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded deveined and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato, softened (see above note)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- fresh oregano (to garnish)
- 1Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, red pepper and garlic; cook and stir until onion is tender.
- 2Stir in rice, tomatoes, olives, parsley and oregano; heat thoroughly.
- 3Remove from heat; add cheese, lemon juice and black pepper; stir until well blended.
- 4Garnish with oregano. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Athenian Rice With Feta Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.4
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 421.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 5.3 g