Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Vegetarian Times.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, coarsely crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb wild mushroom, ends trimmed
- fresh ground black pepper
- paper thin slices black truffle, for garnish
- Let the oil get heated in a large skillet or wok over med heat.
- Add in onion; cover and cook for about 8 minutes or until translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the wine, tomato juice, coriander seeds, ground coriander, and bay leaves; bring to a boil; cook until the mixture is reduced to 3/4 cup.
- Add in the mushrooms; continue to cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Cook completely, until the mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove pan from heat; cover and refrigerate for 1 day.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
- To serve: drain mushrooms, arrange them on a platter or in a bowl; garnish with truffles, if desired.