Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Green beans are combined with garlic, onions, and tomato; then topped with crumbled feta cheese and toasted almonds for a green bean casserole you won't be able to pass up! It is a good side dish with roasted meat as they can be put in the oven together.
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese (1 ounce)
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs (any flavor)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package French style green beans, with toasted almonds, thawed
- Heat oven to 375º. Combine feta cheese and bread crumbs; set aside. Remove almond packet from beans; set aside.
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in oregano, red pepper and tomatoes. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in green beans; simmer 3 minutes longer.
- Spoon into 1 1/2-quart casserole; sprinkle with feta topping and slivered almonds. Bake 10 minutes or until crust is browned and green beans are heated through.