Green beans are combined with garlic, onions, and tomato; then topped with crumbled feta cheese and toasted almonds for a green bean casserole you won't be able to pass up! It is a good side dish with roasted meat as they can be put in the oven together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (1 ounce)
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs (any flavor)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package French style green beans, with toasted almonds, thawed
- 1Heat oven to 375º. Combine feta cheese and bread crumbs; set aside. Remove almond packet from beans; set aside.
- 2Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in oregano, red pepper and tomatoes. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in green beans; simmer 3 minutes longer.
- 3Spoon into 1 1/2-quart casserole; sprinkle with feta topping and slivered almonds. Bake 10 minutes or until crust is browned and green beans are heated through.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Athenian Green Bean Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.4
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 8.4 mg
- Sodium 403.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 3.5 g