1/1 Photo of Athena's Ma'cropolis #RSC
Sandi Sheppard's Note:
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. You don't have to be a Greek Goddess to make this, but you'll think it's worthy of a special spot in Athena's sacred temple - the Parthenon - once you've sampled this pasta dish with blu cheese stuffed olives. It's a Mac and cheese transformation, and just as the Acropolis is a "must-see" in Greece, this simple dish will become a "must-eat" at your gatherings, thanks to the special flavors from Hidden Valley that pair so well with this Greek inspired dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb small elbow macaroni
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 large yellow sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10 jumbo blue cheese-stuffed olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt
- 8 ounces spinach and artichoke cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded five Italian cheese blend, divided use
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 8 (6 1/2 inch diameter) small cast iron skillets, or a 9" x 13" casserole dish.
- 2Cook the macaroni according to package directions, but add 1 tablespoon salt to the water and cook for only 5 minutes. Drain and add to a large bowl.
- 3Heat a large skillet on medium-high and brown the pork, stirring to crumble as it cooks, about 4 minutes. Add the onion and cook for another 4 minutes, then add the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning Mix, spinach, vinegar, garlic, tomatoes, chives, rosemary, oregano, cayenne, cinnamon and olives. Cook for another 5 minutes and mix into the macaroni.
- 4Wipe out the skillet and heat the oil and butter on medium and whisk in the flour, cooking for a minute. Whisk in the milk and stock and cook until it thickens. Turn the heat to low and stir in the parmesan cheese, yogurt, cream cheese and 1 cup shredded cheese. As soon as the cheeses are melted and blended, add to the macaroni.
- 5Divide between 8 personal skillets, about 1 cup of mixture for each. Top each skillet with 1/8 cup shredded cheese and scatter each with Feta crumbles. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- 6Makes 8 servings in 6 1/2 inch cast iron skillets or a 9"x13" casserole.
You Might Also Like...View All Nut-Free Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Athena's Ma'cropolis #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.6
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 67.4 mg
- Sodium 394.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 21.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
blue cheese-stuffed olives
spinach and artichoke cream cheese
Italian cheese blend