Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. You don't have to be a Greek Goddess to make this, but you'll think it's worthy of a special spot in Athena's sacred temple - the Parthenon - once you've sampled this pasta dish with blu cheese stuffed olives. It's a Mac and cheese transformation, and just as the Acropolis is a "must-see" in Greece, this simple dish will become a "must-eat" at your gatherings, thanks to the special flavors from Hidden Valley that pair so well with this Greek inspired dish!
- 1⁄2 lb small elbow macaroni
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 large yellow sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10 jumbo blue cheese-stuffed olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt
- 8 ounces spinach and artichoke cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded five Italian cheese blend, divided use
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 8 (6 1/2 inch diameter) small cast iron skillets, or a 9" x 13" casserole dish.
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions, but add 1 tablespoon salt to the water and cook for only 5 minutes. Drain and add to a large bowl.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high and brown the pork, stirring to crumble as it cooks, about 4 minutes. Add the onion and cook for another 4 minutes, then add the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning Mix, spinach, vinegar, garlic, tomatoes, chives, rosemary, oregano, cayenne, cinnamon and olives. Cook for another 5 minutes and mix into the macaroni.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat the oil and butter on medium and whisk in the flour, cooking for a minute. Whisk in the milk and stock and cook until it thickens. Turn the heat to low and stir in the parmesan cheese, yogurt, cream cheese and 1 cup shredded cheese. As soon as the cheeses are melted and blended, add to the macaroni.
- Divide between 8 personal skillets, about 1 cup of mixture for each. Top each skillet with 1/8 cup shredded cheese and scatter each with Feta crumbles. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Makes 8 servings in 6 1/2 inch cast iron skillets or a 9"x13" casserole.
Looks great will try this one!
Love the flavor combination you created here, sounds delicious!