1/1 Photo of Ataif (Arab Filled Pancakes)
Extremely sweet, rich, and delicious sweets for anyone who loves baklava and pancakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1Dissolve yeast in sugar and 1/2 cup of water. let it froth for 10 minutes.
- 2Put the flour in a large bowl. Add the yeast mixture and remaining water gradually.
- 3Beat vigorously into a creamy lump-free batter.
- 4Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place for an hour.
- 5To make the syrup, bring the water to a boil with sugar and lemon juice. Simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the rose water and simmer for a few more seconds. Allow to cool.
- 6Heat an oiled skillet until it is very hot. Reduce the heat to medium.
- 7Pour a half ladle of batter into the skillet, allowing it to spread. fry only one side of the pancake. when little holes appear, lift them out and set them on a platter to be stuffed.
- 8Put a heaping tablespoon of stuffing in the middle of each pancake. fold in half and pinch the edges tightly to allow no filling to escape.
- 9Deep fry a few at a time in medium hot oil about 1 inch deep. Remove when they turn pale brown.
- 10Drain on paper towels. Dip, while hot, in the syrup. pour the remaining syrup over the top of all of them and serve either hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ataif (Arab Filled Pancakes)
Serving Size: 1 (1633 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.9
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 46.7 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: