Nicole W's Note:
These bowls are a slightly healthier version of the KFC bowls. I take them to work for lunch and eat them at home. This is a great way to use left-over mashed potatoes! If you already have mashed potatoes, skip to step 5. Amounts of ingredients in the bowls should be adjusted for personal preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot, boil 6-8 cups water.
- 2Cut potatoes into cubes, add to boiling water.
- 3Boil potatoes until soft.
- 4Drain potatoes, add milk and use electric beaters to 'mash' the potatoes.
- 5Prepare brown gravy according to package instructions.
- 6Heat popcorn chicken in toaster oven, oven or microwave.
- 7Layer: 1 cup mashed potatoes, 1/8 cup corn, 1/8 cup cheese, 10-12 pieces of popcorn chicken, gravy as desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for At Home Bowls (A La Kfc)
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.0
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.0 mg
- Sodium 1540.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: