Recipe by mermaidmagic
Not your typical "sugar" frosting. One of my favorites, rich and flavorful.
Top Review by Bobbie537
I love this frosting. My MIL uses this frosting always and has been my husbands favorite since he was a kid. I think she got the recipe from a Yankee magazine. It is a FABULOUS on chocolate cake. I have gotten many compliments on it.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, mix milk, flour and salt until smooth.
- Place over low heat and cook, stirring constantly until thickened (5-7 minutes).
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Cream butter and sugar until very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Gradually beat in cooled flour mixture until smooth.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Frosts one cake.