Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
A drink I made few years ago. Took it on a French site.
- 2 ounces white rum
- 2 ounces triple sec (or cointreau or grand marnier)
- 1⁄2 ounce mandarin liqueur (the brand I have is Mandarine Napoleon but I guess you can do it with Grand Marnier)
- 2 ounces grapefruit juice
- In a shaker, put all the ingredients with ice.
- Shake and pour in a glass.
- Garnish with an orange slice.
- You may add more grapefruit juice if you find it too strong. That's what I did.
I picked this drink because I like tart drinks and love grapefruit and orange flavors. With that being said I think I would have liked this drink alot more without the triple sec, as I am finding that it burns my throat and seems to over power the drinks. I used fresh grapefruit juice, from part of a grapefruit, that I normally eat for breakfast and used the sweet/tart juice from that and followed the rest as written for 1/2 of the amounts. I would try this again, and will update if I do, but without the triple sec. Thanks for sharing Boomie!!! Made for 123 Tag.
This was good, but very, very tart. After tasting, we added 1 tbsp sugar and topped it with some OJ. This drink packs a punch! (and that's a good thing, depending on how you like your drink). :)
Was searching for various drinks and this was one I selected. DH selected this one last night from the list I had. He used 2 1/2 oz. of Cointreau for the orange/mandarin flavor. He definitely liked it as after he took the first sip, all he could say was 'ahhhhhh.' Thanks for another good one Boomy!