Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
This amazed me when I first came up with it. The yeast is basically a flavoring agent, the dough works pretty well without it but it does add a tiny bit of springy-ness. Measurements are (very) approximate, just follow the directions...
- 1 cup biscuit mix (I use reduced-fat Bisquick)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- warm water
- 1 pinch yeast (hearty pinch)
- olive oil
- Mix biscuit mix and yeast. Add warm water until it reaches about the consistency of cake batter.
- Add wheat flour until a firm dough is formed. Pat or roll out into desired crust shape, using olive oil as desired to prevent sticking.
- Top as desired and bake at around 400 degrees until done, time of course will depend on how thick you make it but 20 minutes is a good estimate.
The taste was awful.
I used about half and half wheat and white flour and added a little oil to the mix along with some seasonings. Not as good as pizza dough that you let rise, but if you're in a hurry this is good.
Loved how easy and fast it was to make. Thought the taste was so-so. Might have been better if I had used white (or white wheat) instead of the straight wheat. But I loved how easy it was to get dinner on the table!