Recipe by Yrhaven (aka Condiment Queen)
I heard about this, and researched it on the internet. I have used it several times now, and love it. Apparently the aspirin has salicylic acid which works like a gentle acid peel, removing dead skin, tightening skin, shrinking pores, helping with acne & facial warts. This treatment makes your skin noticeably softer, fresh & radiant. One "recipe" for this that I found suggested adding jojoba oil to help it "stick" & not be so powdery, but I found it harder to remove & also I read that moisturizing right after would affect the action of the salicylic acid, so I assume adding oil to it might do the same, so after the first time I omitted it, consequently I wait to moisturize by a few hours, or the next day. If you have very dry skin, you may want to go ahead and moisturize right after, although I have not found this to be drying to my skin. I do this before showering as it's much easier to remove in the shower. The mixture is very powdery as it dries, so be ready to hop in the shower once it starts falling off & flying around (you'll see what I mean) to avoid getting it in your nose & eyes. I apply it to my neck, chest & both hands (including the backs) as well as my face. **Also, use your best judgment if you have sensitive skin when you decide to try this, it's always a good idea to test a small area when you try anything new & see how you'll react before you cover your face in it.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
I tried this using 4 crushed non-coated asprin, a tablespoon of plain yogurt and a drop of honey and no water. I left it on for twenty mintes. it worked great. I have large pores and pretty oily skin. It really cleaned out my pores and inproved the overall texture of my skin. I'm planning on using this once a week. Thanks for posting this recipe.
- 16 -20 aspirin, tablets (non coated, crushed)
- 1 fluid ounce glass sized glass filled 1/2-3/4 with water
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush aspirin until fine, pour into container.
- Add water filling small shot glass sized glass to the 1/2-3/4 mark.
- Stir with toothpick, keep toothpick in glass and stir as you use.
- As you apply it to your face, dip your fingers to bottom and "scoop" up mixture, as it settles.
- Apply to face, neck & chest if you like.
- I always found that the palm of the hand that I applied it with was very soft afterwards, so last time I also applied it to both hands front & back, which exfoliated the dry skin on the backs of my hands nicely.
- By the time you get to your last parts the first place you applied will be drying & flaking, so apply to your face Last (if you're applying it to other areas as well).
- **If you plan on applying it to more than just your face, you should start out with the minimum of 20 tablets, you can experiment with what is enough, adding or reducing the # of tabs needed the next time (so remember what you did & if it was enough or too much).
- This mask can be used 2-3 times a week.
- I find that plain olive oil applied in the evening or the next day is a wonderful moisturizer.
- Also note that if you have some leftover, you can let the aspirin settle to the bottom (takes 5-10 min or so) & then carefully pour off the water on top & set it aside in your glass to let dry & then rehydrate it to use for spot acne treatments until you're ready to you do your whole face again.