Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from the Colorado Cook for America Culinary Boot Camps program. Try apricot, apple, blackberry, cherry, strawberry or raspberry jam.
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons old fashioned oats
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut, heaping
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 cup nuts or 3⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3⁄4 cup powdered milk
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter or 1⁄2 cup soy butter
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or 1 tablespoon soy butter
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons jam (any flavor)
- 1 teaspoon jam (any flavor)
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, coconut, salt, nuts, powdered milk, raisins and cranberries.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Stir in the honey, peanut butter, vanilla extract and jam until melted and fully incorporated. Remove from heat.
- Pour the melted ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until fully mixed (grease your hands and mix by hand if desired).
- Press the mixture into the pan, compressing the mixture as much as possible. Bake until golden and aromatic, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely before cutting into bars.