Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Got this from a gal named Liz years ago.
Make and share this Aspen Carrot Cake With Raisins and Cream Cheese Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- To make the Cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat oil, brown sugar and eggs together.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix these dry ingredients into the oil mixture.
- Now mix in the carrots, raisins, and pineapple juice until just moistened.
- Pour the batter into a well greased 9 X 13 inch baking pan and bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after being inserted into the middle of the cake.
- Let cake cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile for the Frosting: beat all ingredients together until smooth and creamy and frost the cake once it is completely cooled.