Recipe by Denver cooks
My favorite way to serve asparagus.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
This was outstanding! I've made it twice in a row, and will make it again next asparagus season for sure. Asparagus with vinaigrette is my favourite way to have asparagus anyway, but this one really hits the spot. Thanks for sharing!
Made for Come To a Garden Party / Diabetes Forum
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 large egg, hard-boiled
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam asparagus on a steamer rack set over boiling water, covered, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes (depending on thickness).
- transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop cooking.
- Drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Whisk together vinegar, shallot, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl a add oil in a slow stream, whisking until emulsified.
- Whisk in tarragon.
- Halve egg and force each half through a coarse sieve into a bowl.
- Toss asparagus with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette and divide among 4 plates. Spoon remaining dressing over asparagus and top with egg.