Prep 15 mins
Cook 23 mins
- 2 quarts water
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 sheets store-bought phyllo dough
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring the water to a boil in a large pot.
- Trim 1 inch off the bottoms of the asparagus stalks.
- Add the asparagus heads and the salt to the boiling water.
- Cook for 3 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender.
- Drain and run the asparagus under cold water.
- Pat dry.
- Lay one layer of the phyllo dough on the counter and brush one side with the melted butter.
- Place the second layer of dough directly overtop and brush with butter again.
- Repeat for the third layer.
- Cut the phyllo evenly in quarters.
- Place 4 to 6 stalks of asparagus on one of the pieces of layered phyllo.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the parmesan cheese overtop, then fold the phyllo dough over the asparagus so that it forms a triangle.
- Seal the edges gently with fingertips.
- Lightly coat the tops of the triangles with butter.
- Bake the phyllo in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the phyllo dough is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.