Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1 envelope vegetable soup mix
- 1 cup asparagus, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut, finely chopd
- 20 wonton wrappers, 3" sq
- soy sauce
- in uncovered electric skillet, heat 3/4 inch of oil to 360 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine 1 envelope Instant Spring Vegetable Soup Mix, asparagus, and water chestnuts.
- Place 2 teaspoons of the mixture on the center of each Won Ton wrapper.
- Moisten corners with water, fold wrappers in half to form a triangle, and press edges to seal.
- Form Won Ton by bringing together two opposite points and overlapping; moisten overlapping points and press to seal well.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown; drain.
- Serve, if desired, with soy sauce.
These were ok, but I felt that the vegetable soup mix was a strange ingredient. I used fresh asparagus, but felt that the whole combination was just kind of strange and amorphous, like it didn't belong together.
Sounds great! But...do you use fresh, raw or cooked asparagus or do you use canned? Is there no liquid required in the veggie soup mixture?