Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is an old recipe I found that I used to serve as an entrée at dinner parties.
- 2 bunches asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1⁄2 bunch watercress, sprigs picked and washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons good quality whole-egg mayonnaise
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place the asparagus in a steamer basket over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Cover and steam for 2-3 minutes until tender crisp and bright green.
- Or microwave if you prefer.
- Reserve 4 of the sprigs of watercress and place the remaining sprigs in the bowl of a food processor with the sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Process until almost smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and taste.
- Divide asparagus spears among serving plates, top with a watercress sprig and serve with the sauce.
Heavenly! So easy...(except for picking & washing all those watercress leaves). I added a sprinkling of nutmeg and black Hawaiian sea salt. Also cut a tangerine in half and ate with the asparagus. Also excellent over steamed broccoli!