Another vegetarian favorite from Mollie Katzen's "Vegetable Heaven."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Break off and discard the tough bottom ends of the asparagus, then slice the stalks on the diagonal into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside.
- 2Combine the vinegar and sugar in a small bowl and mix until the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- 3Heat oil in a large skillet. Add pecans, and sauté over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, or until they are fragrant and lightly toasted.
- 4Turn the heat to medium-high, and add the asparagus, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Stir-fry for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until the asparagus is just barely tender. (Thicker asparagus will take longer.).
- 5Add the vinegar mixture to the asparagus, stirring well. Cook over high heat for only about 30 seconds longer, then remove from heat.
- 6Stir in the tarragon, the remaining salt, and black pepper to taste. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus With Warm Tarragon-Pecan Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.8
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 440.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 6.6 g