Asparagus With Warm Tarragon-Pecan Vinaigrette
- Break off and discard the tough bottom ends of the asparagus, then slice the stalks on the diagonal into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Combine the vinegar and sugar in a small bowl and mix until the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add pecans, and sauté over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, or until they are fragrant and lightly toasted.
- Turn the heat to medium-high, and add the asparagus, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Stir-fry for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until the asparagus is just barely tender. (Thicker asparagus will take longer.).
- Add the vinegar mixture to the asparagus, stirring well. Cook over high heat for only about 30 seconds longer, then remove from heat.
- Stir in the tarragon, the remaining salt, and black pepper to taste. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.