Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another vegetarian favorite from Mollie Katzen's "Vegetable Heaven."
Make and share this Asparagus With Warm Tarragon-Pecan Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus (the thinner, the better)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup minced pecans
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- black pepper
- Break off and discard the tough bottom ends of the asparagus, then slice the stalks on the diagonal into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Combine the vinegar and sugar in a small bowl and mix until the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add pecans, and sauté over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, or until they are fragrant and lightly toasted.
- Turn the heat to medium-high, and add the asparagus, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Stir-fry for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until the asparagus is just barely tender. (Thicker asparagus will take longer.).
- Add the vinegar mixture to the asparagus, stirring well. Cook over high heat for only about 30 seconds longer, then remove from heat.
- Stir in the tarragon, the remaining salt, and black pepper to taste. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.